Thursday, February 14, 2008

Kite Runner.

A really touching and beautiful show.


Not exactly perfect but still one of the best films I've seen in years. Shan't talk about the content of the show but acting, cinematography, etc. were just great. Ending was shockingly abrupt for me, BUT after stoning for 3 seconds, I realised how beautiful and appropriate the ending was and almost teared. "For you, a thousand times over."

Lots of Karma-tic stuff inside the show, cycle of cause and effect, their actions and the effects of their actions. But few parts that could have been improved to make it perfect was firstly the rape scene. I only found out Hassan got raped after reading around, initially, I still thought that he was castrated or something. -.- Secondly, a big missing part of the film was how Amir actually got out of Kabul, captial of Afghanistan cos he offended a rather big shot Taliban guy who was actually Assef, one of the boys who raped Hassan years ago.

All in all, still a great weekend show to catch. 4/5

"If you tell me to eat dirt, I will. but I know you won't ask me to."

No comments: