Wednesday, December 26, 2007

iSHOP, therefore, iAM.

NO MAN IS AN ISLAND- Human beings do not thrive when isolated from others.


This Christmas hasn't exactly been rather eventful for me. Just boring usual stuff et cetera, you know. The only think that struck me was this whole mindless consumerism going on and on.

Let's bring up Darren's party for a start. Initially, the plan was to buy a gift for this gift exchange thingy. Last year, we had a Christmas party at Leanne's house if I didn't remember wrongly and we had this gift exchange thing going on too. I mean there's nothing bad about having a little fun and this surprise suspense kinda feeling for this festive season, but I found out that all the gifts that were passed around were... just mindless stuff.

Maybe I am just being a little sceptical here but with all these global warming and stuff, we really should think twice about buying somethings- 1. Whether your present will improve the life of the reciever. + 2. Whether your present harms the environment.

Alrights, maybe I am crapping but I believe there's some sense in this crap still. So people, next Christmas remember to buy something useful for your friends, and not buy stuff for the sake for buying. Furthermore, all this consumerism thing is almost defeating the purpose of Christmas. Yes, its about joy of giving but not too extreme please.

By the way, I'd like an iPhone. So, anyone wanna give me something, PLEASE, for the environment and Mother Earth, I say again- PLEASE, just give me an iPhone. =)

No comments: