Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Thrills and Spills.

Ah finally all results are back. Overall, it was rather disappointing, especially geography and economics. I was really hoping not to get a strings of Es but amazingly I managed to do it again. I mean the level of consistency in me is just like what teachers and uni interviewers are looking for, so I guess it ain't that bad. But on the other hand, i feel better just looking at tSg's MSN nick: why can't it be Aconomics? Good question.

Oh wells, results are BORING. I ain't gonna talk about them no more. It has really been a long time since I last blogged, but ah not my fault k- my life is more boring than you can ever imagine. Finally something exciting happened yesterday and today, I AM GONNA TAKE REVENGE ON NORMEN GOH. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA DIEEE.

It's raining now... I wanna go out to play. I hate studying. I guess I am never gonna ever have ever studied so much in my entire life in the next coming month. Alevelsuckkkkkss. Tomorrow's Hari Raya so happy Hari Raya to Norazlin and Mohammad before I forget. Hope to go your house for some green bao and toys.

By the way, I thought through the question of why guys emo after Norazlin showed us the corny picture. But it's like not everybody can be labelled "emo". It's not easy to like determine who is and who isn't emo too cos as najib stressed, there is like this emo-happy continuum, so the difference between emos and happys these days are blurred. Even EmoBoys are allowed to smile and pinch cheeks these days.


Here's lecture 1: How to talk to Emo Boys.

1. Give him some space. Don't rush up to him and start blurting at the first opportunity. Unless you're dead lucky, this will probably irritate/startle/freak him out a lot. So try and give him a little space-- don't stare too much, don't be too heavy, etc.

2. Find out what he's interested in. You don't have to dig to find out what he likes and what he's interested in. Some ways to figure this out would be:
Observing his clothes. T-shirts with band names or pictures on them may be a dead giveaway to what he's interested in, so keep your eyes peeled.

3. Studying his possessions. Don't become a freaky stalker, but try to get a glimpse of his bag, or something like that. Why he has a bag, I don't know but if he does just walk away. But what's on there may also give you a clue of what he's interested in.

4. Observing his friends. If you know any of them, they might have the same interests. Or you can look at what they do together--listen to music, talk about a certain band, paint their nails, make out...if you have to talk to his friends then you're seriously pathetic.

5. Do Your Research on Emo's. If you know a little - or a lot - about the Emo culture, you're more likely to have a good conversation and impress him. So look them up. Try to find some Emo bands and give them a listen.

6. Find the right time. Don't try to strike up a flirtatious conversation if he's tied to a train track. Okay, that may not happen, but use your common sense to figure out when would be the best time to talk to him. If he's in trouble or looking irritated, avoid chatting-you'll most probably get negative results. But if he looks pretty normal and isn't busy, gather up your courage and try your luck.

7. Don't babble. If you don't talk often, babbling away about yourself--or him--may startle or annoy him. You don't want to scare him off if you've come this far. Try to keep it short and sweet. Talk about something that he can contribute to as well-- it makes the conversation a lot better and more enjoyable.

8. Compliment him. Everyone loves a compliment, so if you want to please him, give him one. As you probably know, complimenting an Emo guy is a little different. But here are some basic things you can say to him:
"Did you get that shirt at a show? It's awesome."
"I like your (item of clothing/possession)-- where'd you get it?"

So as you can see from point 8, usually it's very simple to spot emo guys cos they have really good and unique sense of fashion from like the usual dark clothings. This guy is cool but I've only seen him once. If someone manages to spot him in VJ again please tell me! He's so emo-cool (think starwars)!


So anybody (Norazlin) need any tips on EmoBoys? Too shy to approach them (YeeJek)? Just drop me a msg on the tagboard if you guys have a question and I'll be glad to help out. If you are too shy, feel free to contact me privately via email at emoboys_anonymous@hotmail.com.

Be forewarned. If you can't take any of the below, please click here leave hardergay immediately.

No comments: